Thursday, August 28, 2008

Dead tired.

Last night was a zero sleep night. Well, almost for me! I got 2 hours of sleep due to the fact that Emma and I stayed up talking for a ridiculous amount of time. We are so alike its almost scary! We both have a ton in common, and she had stories that were crazy! So I finally got my little amount of sleep, and then before I knew it, everyone was getting up and after an exhausted breakfast we were put on the tour bus to the archaeological dig in the Judean Hills. It was absolutely gorgeous, and we got to see ruins from thousands of years ago. We also crawled through caves that were carved out by Jews thousands of years ago when trying to escape the Romans. After that we got to sift through rocks and sand to find shards of pottery and other things hidden in the dig. The best thing I found was a piece of pottery with a blue glaze on it.

On the way back, I slept on the bus like I was dead! I have really mastered the sitting up and sleeping deal.

We had lunch and then a chorus of showers, and with a little spare time, I wrote in my blog. 

Later today we have orientation for our Hebrew and General Studies, which means they are going to try and cram information into our heads and I am going to return it with a blank stare... go me.

Tired and Bitchy,

Talia

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love you Talia :D
Hope you'll get more sleep!
I love your Blog by the way :P

Devin ~ Brooke said...

Well hopefully soon youll be sleeping better..
And the cave thing sounds amazing!
PS, its my birthday in 3 weeks, so when you get back bring me and awesome belated birthday present!! XDDD