Monday, August 25, 2008

Off to Israel today!

ahhh!
I leave in 2 hours!
So prehaps I should tell everyone about yesterday first?
We went to the Museum of Modern Art (or MoMA) and saw a few of their exhibits. We saw one about ready made housing that was very interesting! Included in this exhibit was the history of ready made houses, some existing models, and what the future may hold. The most interesting was a house that was half the size of my bedroom (photos on facebook) and was self sufficient! The place had 2 beds, a TV and computer, a kitchen, (complete with stove, microwave freezer and espresso machine) but the best part was the washroom, it was maybe 1 square foot, but the door pulled out to make a little booth for the shower! It was amazing!
We also went to "Nike World" which was HUGE! I didnt even know Nike sold 5 floors worth of product, including custom shoes (you could choose the colours and get your name stitched on it!) and the coolest warehouse I have ever seen. It was a series of tubes, if you wanted a pair of shoes to try on, the employee would scan the label on the shoe, choose the size, and send the message directly to the warehouse through their handhelds. The warehouse people then put the shoe box into a tube, and the shoes were sent to the employee, who would give you the shoes. It was so cool!
After our day of shopping and art, we went to dinner with my Dad's friend Susan, and then went to see a Broadway play. We saw half of Rent, which both my Dad and I didn't like, so we walked out. 
After that we met up with another of my Dad's friends, Elliot, who is a total nutter! I found it really funny, but my Dad was about to blow a gasket. Elliot took us to lower Manhattan where we went to see "Hippies" as he called them, or college students. He drove 100000 miles an hour and frequently stopped to yell a hello to random people on the street.
We found our way to little italy for a second dessert, and then made our way home.

This morning however, the weirdest thing happened!
I woke up and went for a run, which is routine, but afterwards I was in the shower and feeling light headed. I turned down the heat, figuring it was just too humid, but I still felt very ill. So I leaned against the shower wall.
The next thing I knew, I felt like I was dreaming, I was dreaming of this show I had been watching on the History channel, and then slowly I became vaguely aware that there was water on my face, and I was working to keep it out of my mouth. I suddenly realized that I was lying down, and sat up, looking around and feeling confused. I slowly got out of the bath and told my Dad what had happened. I don't think I was out for long, but the experience scared me. Apparently I was dehydrated with low blood sugar, and this had caused me to faint. I had never fainted before! I feel very bizarre right now, even after food and water.
Anyway, apparently I will be fine to fly and so I am currently very excited to meet everyone going on the trip to Israel! I cant believe Im finally going! Its unreal.
Avoiding fainting spells,
Talia

1 comment:

Devin ~ Brooke said...

I cant believe you fainted! thats so scary :/
I also cant believe you walked out of RENT!!! Thats supposed to be such a great play...
Anyway, have loooooooots of fun in Israel!
and make sure you post juicy details of any sexy guys :P

PS.
I made an account just so I can leave yu comments :W