Saturday, August 23, 2008

2 days in one!

YESTERDAY:
We arrived in the big apple to find that our hotel room wouldnt be ready for 4 hours. Gah!
We made our way around NYC and found the Museum of Television and Radio, which was the coolest thing I've ever seen!
They had a gallery with "family guy related artwork" called "ITS A FREAKING ART SHOW!" and was hilarious. But the best part was when we went upstairs, they had an archive of videos and radio shows you could choose from. Dad and I got to choose 2 videos to watch in a viewing booth. We chose the Beatles on the Ed Sullivan show (pictures will be put on Facebook soon!). We also watched some corny science fiction television! It was hilarious. ("They are bombing us with ultra heat beams! Run for the Titanium nuclear shelter! The human race depends on our survival!")
After this we went to the hotel, where we checked in, and got our room, which was the size of a postage stamp complete with desk and everything.
That night we met up with one of my Dad's friends and went to a swanky asian food restaurant called "Ruby Foos" where I ordered pad thai (which I hated) off a gluten free menu. The upside was the desert! There was a gluten free pecan tart with strawberries! It was ORGASMIC! I loved it.
We went to see a broadway play of 39 Steps, which was very funny and well done.


TODAY
I went for a run again in the gym, the treadmills have TELEVISIONS in them!!! its cool. I watched a program about flying saucers.
This day there was nothing planned so we caught the subway up Manhattan to 81st street where we walked across central park to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. This museum was amazing! There was an entire Egyptian temple inside the museum! I also saw mummies and enough Egyptian artwork to last a lifetime!
We went through the modern art section too (pictures on facebook asap!) and went onto the roof where someone had made a shiny metal version of... wait for it... a balloon animal! It was so funny!
Oh just as I'm writing  this, a hot boy came and sat in the hotel lobby! (only place with internet access)... just thought I would let you know...
Anyway! after the Met, (did I mention the Picassos? they were so cool.) we took a taxi back to the hotel, where I had the best starbucks tea! Its TAZO Iced tea, and its the best! Dad and I shared cheesecake and chicken and rice. I am currently feeling stuffed and a little sick! Sugar overload!!!!
Anyway, all the TV had to say was that Obama had chosen his VP, so I came down to the lobby for the internet. Go internet...
Anyway, I'll post tomorow.
:)

No comments: