Thursday, August 21, 2008

First Day of Traveling!

Ok! So my dad and I have made it to buffalo! After a large amount of panicking, I am officially packed with EIGHTY pounds of baggage total! My zipper-about-to-split hockey bag is officially 20 pounds over weight (im going to have to pay for that! gah!) and my guitar is all packaged up in its hard case.
My mom was forcing miscellaneous items on me right before I left.
"It says on this packing list you need a flashlight! Do you have one? Take this one! Oh dont put it in that pocket! It will get damaged! ... You cant put it there! Not enough cushioning! HERE!" She rips the thing from my hand "put it here! Perfect! Make sure no harm comes to this flashlight! Its a really good one you know!... Do you need binoculars?"
The goodbye was sad, I hugged my mom at least twice, but the heartwarming effect was ruined a few minutes later when I called about something I had forgotten, it totaly ruined the last conversation we had while I was on Canadian Soil.
My Dad and I drove to Buffalo, stopping to use the washrooms and go to Tims, singing 80s songs the entire way (Love Shack never gets old).
We have NOW arrived at the hotel in Buffalo, all of 2 steps from the airport (but with my 70 pound suitcase, we will be taking the shuttle!) and I was overjoyed to find all that I need in a hotel, a treadmill, and wireless internet!
Anyway, we are off to dinner (most likely at Dennys, its pretty much tradition) where I will drool at american portions of pasta while eating my "gluten free alternative".
Tomorrow we depart for New York, New York!

No comments: